- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
- Grease or “spray and cook” a 30cm cake pan, ceramic dish or roasting pan.
Anything works. Just make sure that it can be used in the oven and that you grease it lightly.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, sugar and cocoa together.
- Make three wells in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the oil into one well, the vinegar into the second well, and the vanilla into the third well.
- Pour cold water over all, and stir well with a fork.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Every oven is different so take the baking time into consideration.
- Frost with your favourite icing.
See below for a delicious chocolate frosting recipe.
No need to take the cake out of the baking pan and make more dishes. Just cut it straight out of the pan and enjoy!
Easier cake topping options:
- Top the cake off with some caramel treat
- Whip up some cream and cover the cake with.
- Melt some chocolate and drizzle over the cake